March 5, 2008

Twice in One Day!

So, I go two months without posting and now I post twice in one day. Good grief! But I guess I have lots to say since I've been been silent for so long.

Today is Paige's birthday. She's 12. TWELVE! When did THAT happen? Only one more year of tween left and then she's a full-fledged TEENager....oh, I'm so not ready for this.

On the plus side, at least now she's finally officially old enough to babysit! Wahoo!! I've waited for this day for 12 years! No more babysitters to call and hope to high heaven she's available at the last minute.

She's also old enough to volunteer for the Junior Zookeeper program at our local zoo this year. We filled out her application and will turn it this week Sunday afternoon. I don't know how many applications they get each year or how many they accept, but I really hope she gets this. I know it's something she's wanted to do for ages, so I'm afraid she'll be heartbroken if she doesn't get accepted into the program. Keep your fingers crossed!

I'm picking her up early from school today to take her to get her birthday present. I won't spoil the surprise but I do promise (YES, I PROMISE!) to post pictures tomorrow. It's something she's been begging for since she was in the 4th grade, and I finally decided to cave this year.

In other news, the weightloss is going, but VERY slowly. I've only lost 5 pounds since the first of the year, but I guess that's mostly my own fault. I'm to the point with Weight Watchers that I HAVE to start adding exercise because the points just aren't enough to keep me from starving anymore. But still, 5 pounds is 5 pounds and at least it's in the right directly. On the other hand, I really want to lose 19 more before summer and I have 29 more to my goal weight.

This weekend, we travel to Jamestown for the last dance competition of the year. I guess "last" makes it sound like they compete alot (they only really have two competitions a year), but we've had so much fun with dance classes and performances this year that it is a bit dissapointing to be almost done. Yes, I've even enjoyed it! The fun part is that Jamestown is about midway for many of our family and friends, so several will be making the trip. (If anyone else wants to make a last minute trip to Jamestown on Saturday, here's the info. Paige's group is Middle Kix 1. Let me know if you're coming because I'm planning a group dinner afterward to celebrate her birthday.)

Now that you all are caught up on my little world, I must remember to update more often! Until next time!

No comments: