December 3, 2007

The color purple and other tidbits

Just cuz I know ya'll have been dying to see it, I took a picture of my toe for you. (Try real hard not to notice the hairy big toe. It's cold here right now and every little bit helps!) I actually took this yesterday, and if I'm honest, the photo is a bit disappointing because it looked much more dramatic on Sunday. The shadow on my foot just below the toes is not a shadow at all, but part of the bruise which was an incredible shade of purplie-green last night. Even the toes themselves are looking much less mangled today. But anyway, just because I love you all and want to share so much, here's what my toes looked like on Monday morning.



And now, in other news.....
I finally got the pictures from Thanksgiving off of my camera today. (It's amazing all of the little odds and ends I can accomplish while sitting on a conference call.) In case there's anyone left in the world whom I didn't tell, I hosted Thanksgiving this year. Preparation was traumatic, but the event itself was alot of fun!! The entire Zimmerman clan was here along with my dad's brother's wife's mother, Lorraine. Dad's brother Jim and his wife Jill were supposed to join us, but were forced to cancel their travel plans at the last minute.

Anyway, I uploaded this first picture just because it's so doggone cute! Nothing like a little sisterly affection, right? Somewhere, there are pictures of both me and Laura each with a cheek, but no one grabbed my camera for that one, so someone will have to share with the rest of the class! Daddy???

Along with Thanksgiving, we also threw in a little Christmas along the way. Since we're all going separate directions for Christmas this year, we decided we'd just make Thanksgiving weekend do double duty. So, Laura, Mom and I took the kids to the kitchen and made Christmas cookies.


Laura and I learned a very important Weight Watcher tips....don't try to lighten up cookie dough by using apple sauce in place of shortening or butter. The unfortunate result is that your dough takes almost twice the recommended amount of flour in order for it to be firm enough to knead or roll out, but when you add that much flour, your cookies end up more like bread than cookies. Ah, well. They're still really cute, and in the end, we've discovered that they make great coffee-dunking cookies!

So, anyway, here's a few pics of the cookie making that I thought turned out really good.
















And here's one of Jerome Decking the Halls....or wrapping garland around my staircase.





Until next time!

No comments: